There are many types of lace front wigs in the market; the Blonde Lace Front Wig is one example. Despite there being different types of wigs, the cleaning process is the same for all. Cleaning a lace front wig ensures that it maintains its absolute shining appearance. Thus, this post aims to inform you of the simple steps to clean your lace front wigs.
Importance of cleaning a lace front wig
- To remove dirt: Wearing a lace front wig for a while can lead to dirt accumulation. The dirt build-up can encourage bacteria growth in one’s hair; thus, you can develop an itchy feeling.
- Maintain a fresh appearance: Cleaning one’s wig can transform the wig from looking worn out and develop a shiny new appearance.
- Intention to dye: If you want to dye your wig, the first step should be cleaning the wig.
- Increase life span: Cleaning a wig is part of the wig maintenance process. Thus, cleaning it will ensure it gives you a long life span.
Simple steps on how to clean lace front wigs
The first step is very crucial. Thus, ensure that you do not miss it. First, ensure that you have all the tools and products necessary, such as a wide toothbrush or comb, conditioner, wig stand, towels, and shampoo. The key point to note at this step is that you should use only the required lace front wig products. Additionally, during the preparation step, you should use your fingers or a wide toothbrush to brush the wig gently from tip to root. The purpose of brushing is to remove any knots or tangles present.
2. Soaking the lace front wig
Put the lace front wig in a sink or basin and let it soak in lukewarm water for 20 to 30 minutes. After soaking, get rid of the excess water gently using a towel. The key point to note at this step is that you should not wring the wig out by roughly twisting it.
3. Shampooing the wig
Gently apply the appropriate shampoo on the hair beginning from the root to the tip. Make sure to avoid the lace part of the wig and use excessive force. On the lace frontal, you can clean gently with soapy water but do not rub it. Once you have applied shampoo to all the necessary parts, you can now rinse the shampoo out. Place the lace front wig on running water and rinse it from top to bottom until the wig is clear of the shampoo.
4. Applying conditioner to the wig
Once you have shampooed and rinsed out the shampoo, you can now condition the wig. At this step, ensure to use the suitable conditioner and apply it to the wig. Then, use your hands to apply the conditioner to the top to bottom of the wig. You can then let it sit for five minutes. After the five minutes is over, rinse out the conditioner using cold water.
5. Air drying the lace front wig
Once all the above steps are complete, you can now let it dry. Place the wig on a wig stand and give it time to air dry.
Cleaning lace front wigs is crucial. It not only increases the lifespan of the wig but also ensures the wig still looks new. Furthermore, the above steps on cleaning the wig are quite straightforward, and you can easily do it in the comfort of your own home.